Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The December Collection

December is a ridiculously busy month for anyone. Add on my birthday a week before Christmas. Then the busy, long days at work. Let's just say I am grateful December is over. For my birthday we went to the valley for some Christmas shopping. We started off the day with a free dozen doughnuts from Krispy Kreams. LOVE! We also watched a movie, went to a nice dinner (Texas Roadhouse counts, right?) and followed it up with the temple lights. I spent all day with my husband. Best birthday gift I could have asked for. The new coat he bought me was a close second.
This is a handsome man. I LOVE, LOVE him!!!
 
My family was kind enough to watch Max for us all weekend. They gave me a great birthday lunch when we returned. Holly Ann was also there. Later that night, we headed to Snowflake where another birthday party awaited from JD's family. I was very much spoiled this year.

 Christmas morning started nice and early. We decided to open presents at our house first, be to Joe town by 9, then off to Snowflake by 4. It was a crazy day, but full of lots of family and joy.                                                    


I was very, very excited when I woke up Christmas morning. 
  JD pretended to be excited as well. He would have much rather been sleeping.  He's a good sport.


      The loot. Santa was good to us this year.





To finish off my birthday presents, JD took me to the temple. Scott and Shandi joined us and we were able to do sealings. It was wonderful to be back in the temple and sealings are beautiful. Afterwards, we headed to Eva's for lunch with Ashley and Samson!! It was so good to see them over the break, twice!

Me and JD are doing so very well. We are grateful for our home, jobs, our puppy, each other, the gospel, and especially for our wonderful family. 
On a side note, we discovered that our dog matches our carpet. Pretty cool. It makes for a fun little game of spot the Max.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! Im glad you had a good birthday and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete